Tuesday 14 December 2010

CoffeeCup CSS Menu Designer - Problem Resolved

I have just spent 3 hours trying to understand why the menus built with the Menu Designer would not stand alone but always had the next object, usually a h2 or similar text floating next to it. I followed the advise in the PDF Help Tutorial, ie wrapping the HTML Menu statements with div tag and creating and applying a class with


.center { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto}



What was needed was the following. I changed margin-left to 8am otherwise the menu was to close to the left.



.center { margin-left: 8am; margin-right: auto; display:inline-block; }



I had tried display: block; as I knew this caused the line break I wanted but it made no difference. I am not familiar with inline-block so I will have to research this, but anyway my menus work as I want now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment