Thursday 28 January 2010

HTML-Kit 292 Tip 001 - Seeing PHP Output

I described stumbling across PHP Processor and how it worked with HTML-Kit in previous post.

One thing I felt was missing was the ability to see the native HTML final code that was presented to browser.

Whilst developing a simple PHP file in HTML-Kit I had the Windows Explorer file folder open in a separate window and I noticed that when I previewed the PHP a temporary .html file was created. This did not show up in the in-built HTML-Kit file window as this has to be refreshed manually.

By opening this temporary file in editor I confirmed it was the output from PHP and I was also able to send this to W3C validator to confirm it was all valid code. Note these temporary files do not last long, so if you want to keep a copy then save it with another name.

I am going to see if I can do a YouTube video showing this in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment