Friday 28 May 2010

Linking to flickr photos

For ages I have found linking to a single flickr image is awkward. The share section in the slide show links to the slide show, and the share option on photostream link to the page that includes the image but not just the image.

I think I have cracked it now though.

When in the individual photo in your photostream,


Click on the button for All Sizes


This will take you to a web page similar to the one below.


Click on the size you want, and then the image will be displayed, together with HTML code to cut and paste into your web. Also displayed is the URL of just the photo, which is all that I usually need. In the above I have high lighted in yellow the size I want and the resulting URL.

I used this approach to embed these images into this blog article.

No comments:

Post a Comment